Postdoctoral Position at University of Potsdam, Computational Linguistics
I am looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join my group, which in April 2019 will be moving to the University of Potsdam.
* The post-doctoral researcher is expected to take an active role in the research activities of Prof. Schlangen’s research group. The exact topic is open, but should relate to the interests of the group (situated dialogue, language & vision, incremental dialogue processing, computational semantics, natural language generation, human/robot interaction).
* Full time position, TV-L 13 Ost payscale.
* The position carries a teaching load in the Computational Linguistics BA and/or MSc. (Four hours per week in the semester.)
* Apply by Feb 28th 2019. Starting date June 1st or later.
* Requirements: PhD in relevant field (in hand by start of contract); good programming skills; experience with current methods & good writing skills, as evidenced by publications in relevant venues; experience with interactive systems, speech, video, vision, etc. a plus; German skills not required, but a plus.
* The Department of Linguistics at the University of Potsdam is a great place with many research activities (collaborative research center in linguistics; part of the University’s “designated research focus” on cognitive science); popular CL BA and MSc; well established contacts with NLP industry in Berlin / Potsdam area.
* Potsdam and the general Berlin/Potsdam metropolitan area is a great place to live.
* Questions? –> firstname.lastname@example.org
The official and definite version of the ad, including information on how to send the application, can be found here: . (It says “PhD position” there; ignore that, this is a postdoctoral position.)
 offical ad
I always consider applications of self-funded candidates (with stipends). If you contact me, please make plausible how your research ideas fit into the interests of the group and how your background would enable you to do study in our area. I will not reply to requests that do not make this very clear.